PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay Away From Cabair Bournemouth
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2009, 10:29
jamie230985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Blue 1, I agree with the odd comment that you made however you are passing judgement on things you do not know everything about.

For example, did you know that the Flying side of Cabair Bournemouth is being re-located to a new facility on the opposite side of the airfield next to the ramp where the a/c are to be located?

Did you also know that the original groundschool building is set to be re-vamped and designed for just groundschool similar to those at Cranfield?

What about the new management structure being put in place with Wycombe Air Centre in charge of the training standards?

For those of you that do not already know, Wycombe has the best CPL pass rate in the UK and having studied there I know the standards that are expected.

The CabAir textbooks are shocking, I totally agree, I think i might have used them for comms & that was it. I agree that side needs to be seriously looked into however it costs money and CabAir are having to make many instructores redundant due to the recession so I doubt they can afford to pay 3 or 4 instructors to spend all their time re designing the textbooks like Oxford had to a few years back.