PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - so what about the ban
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2002, 06:01
flyingkiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
frankg

The problem is that all the guys sitting on current yes letters applied and started the interview process before the 49 were sacked, they were not interviewed as replacement workers meerly for normal expansion.

Now if they say no to a start they will never get another shot at CX again. there will be no second chance...

I for one have wanted to work for CX all my life and was interviewed prior to this happening. There is no other airline I can apply to that even comes close. As a Kiwi wanting to fly long haul CX IS the only option.

Had this happened before my interviews i would have stopped updating and/ or held off applying.

In regards to a previous question about my fellow work collegues, the company i work for has about 95% alpa membership and all but maybe one or 2 have said to me "take the job", they all mentioned the lack of consistancy from the AOA when they let the people take upgrades, infact every CX pilot i have spoken to in the last three weeks has said they would take the job too if in my current position.

Basically i know for a fact if i dont take the job someone else will.

From what i have read recently the 49er dispute has more chance of being resolved in the court room than by this ban.

Before someone says im a heartles scab with no feelings, I have spent many many sleepless nights worrying about this.... do i sacrifice my life dream and career only to have the next bloke take the position (because they will)....