PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers 'upgrading' themselves - what do you do?
Old 8th Feb 2009, 05:19
Brian Abraham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obnoxious pax beware - we have ways of getting back at you
I know. Had a scheduled stop at an intermediate port where the 773 went tech - full to the brim and at 1000 hours. In the terminal two staff were valiantly trying to arrange onward travel on other carriers when one sod decided they weren't doing enough to look after HIM. Got quite vocal, 6' 6" at least and fat, so I went and told him to pull his head in and stop being such a prat, nicely of course , as the staff were doing their best. On walking down the finger to the restaurant to make use of the lunch voucher which had been given, he followed me with the invitation to step outside and "we'll settle this like men" (I'm all of 5'7", 11 stone). Not taking any notice he then attempted to trip me but only resulted in a glancing kick to the ankle following which he took off. While having the meal a couple of the boys in blue wandered in, saw me, came across and confirmed who I was and asked for details of the incident - had been reported by staff. I pointed out the sod, also in the restaurant, and after asking if I wanted to press charges for assault (said no, but the after thought was should have as he probably practised his technique pinching lunch money off kids in the school yard using his bulk as intimidation) they went to interview him. We finally got a flight out at 1900 and guess who was the last to board? And guess where his seat was at? In the very last row so he had to get from the front to the back with every last passenger sniggering. I wonder who arranged that? What he didn't know, and nor I until later, was that as I walked down the finger with this nitwit in my ear, my travelling companions, the governor of one of our less salubrious (hard case) prisons and a warder from same, were following him lest anything untoward happened.