PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DONCASTER/SHEFFIELD
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2009, 04:22
johnnychips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be realistic!

In reply to the last few posts, Derek and Simone in Nether Edge, Sheffield, with their three kids, considering their summer holiday may be saying:

D: ' I was thinking about us flying from Donny Airport this year but I heard they had summat to do with Sheff airport closing'
S: 'But we never used Sheff airport anyway, and what's it matter? Do they fly anywhere we want to, and how much?'

...and later

D. 'Well we could have a week on the Costa Brava in Lloret - Ryanair's very cheap to Girona from Donny at the minute. On the other hand I'm very seriously worried by the poor public transport links to the airport.'
S: 'We live three miles from the city centre anyway you daft lummox. Do you think it'd be any easier getting to Manchester or East Midlands? And do you really expect us to drag Louise, Shannon and Jack about on a train with four cases as well. Give the taxi firm a ring and I bet it'll be cheaper to go to Donny than anywhere else by miles! Or I'll get our uncle Sam to take us and give him twenty quid for the petrol'