PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rugby World Cup
Thread: Rugby World Cup
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2002, 04:58
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Well Samuel you're only as good as your last game mate .

Don't get me wrong I'm as proud of the All Black rugby tradition as the next man, but I'm sure thousands of Aussies will be quick to point out where all the silverware is sitting at the moment if you go off all defensive like that and try and use statistics from pre-99 to somehow prove that the ABs are still the greatest team in world rugby. The sad truth is that it's been 15 years since they last lifted the World Cup. Kiwi rugby supporters are starting to sound more and more like English soccer fans, having to keep on digging out all the statistics from 1966 to somehow prove that there once was a time when you were the best in the world, even though you're not kidding anyone except yourselves.

Regardless of who wins next year, right now the kiwi sporting public have been kicked in the bollocks by the NZRFU and have a right to be soundly p!ssed off. I would have loved to go to that semi final ... I can't believe they threw away the right to co-host the biggest rugby event in the world for the sake of some stupid argument over advertising signage. What a bunch of prima donna's ... some heads need to roll forthwith, so we can start mending our relationships with the other rugby nations and get on with the business of preparing for the next time.