PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training for tests!
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2009, 23:35
JohnRayner

Location: Just a bit lower than the point where the falling angel meets the rising ape
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So it would be nice to know now if I can enter OAA, CTC etc in 4 years
Wouldn't it just? That level of prescience would also probably win it's owner any lottery you might care to mention.

But this free school I am talking about
Is that free flight training? Upto fATPL level? Seriously? £50k+ of commercial flight training provided by your state for free?

If the above is true, why wouldn't you go for it? I mean, I read an earlier post of yours that states you would only plump for the free school if you had no chance of making the grade for e.g. OAA.

I don't understand why you'd pass up the opportunity to get all that training for free in exchange for spending £100k at in integrated FTO.

I'm not sure about this bit (corrections gratefully received) but if you commercially trained for free, then went off and "had a life" for a bit, while paying to keep licenses and ratings current, would it not be quite a few years before you spent the equivalent of what the training might have cost in the first place, especially somewhere like OAA?

Regards

JR

Last edited by JohnRayner; 7th Feb 2009 at 23:48. Reason: Gratefully. I meant gratefully. Long shift and booze no mixee!