PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 100hrs! - The perfect circuit
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2009, 20:29
bigfoot01
The Original Foot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
100hrs! - The perfect circuit

I am chuffed to bits, I have now done 100hrs flying following a flight today. Following a bit of lull since September, I have spent a few pleasant hours with an instructor and have enjoyed some of the most relaxing flying of my career, where I felt I was in control and understanded what was going on. Still loads to learn, but didn't feel like a complete learner again, after not having flown for ages!

As one would expect, we did some cross wind circuits together (because it was cross wind). After the first one, my circuits were back to their old standard (!), which I am not claiming to be great.

As we were wandering around, we had a discussion about the precise way the circuits should be flown at the different phases. We also discussed the different things we had both been taught over the years, which was interesting. Next time I go up, I am going to spend some time in the circuit trying to fly much more precisely. But it got me thinking... If I am flying precisely, what are the best numbers to aim for at the different phases of the circuits. So, I thought I'd ask and see what people think and see if we can get a concensus on a perfect circuit....

(Well maybe not a concensus, but I thought it might be an interesting discusion point - please note, I did not use my GPS during the circuit!)