PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas cook secondment
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2009, 18:01
Kestrel_Stu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. Are we bmi pilots welcome?
No reason why not, I understand BALPA are discussing the secondment with the company but seems to me like a simple enough movement of pilots from an overcrewed airline to one with a relatively short-term extra pair of aircraft for the summer and therefore in need of some crews at short notice.
2. Do we disadvantage any Thomas Cook pilots?
Don't think so - if so BALPA are unlikely to agree to the secondment. bmi pilots will operate from the right seat regardless of their rank.
3. What are the routes for the Airbus 330 at Gatwick?
4. Is the 330 used for longhaul only.

The A330 also does a couple of Dalaman trips this summer (1 from LGW, 1 from GLA). Otherwise destinations as stated in previous post, don't forget Las Vegas though! 4 x A330's at LGW, 3 at MAN, 1 at GLA. BFS also gets some 330 trips.
5. Will the guy in the LHS talk to us, or make each flight a living hell, with not one coffee from the crew and spending all time down route locked in my room!!!
Can only speak from personal experience but we're a friendly bunch at TCX and I can't think of many if any Captains who would behave so. Remember we/they fly with Canadian pilots from Skyservice in the summer and many pilots have (or have had) the benefit of flying over in Canada, the USA and Scandinavia on secondment over the years, so they are used to the pros and cons of secondments from both perspectives. There will always be the odd guy who disagrees with it but on the whole I don't think you would find any such issues.