PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA not renewing 70% Expat Contracts
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2009, 10:05
southernmtn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"You speak with forked tongue,don't spread crap. You are not here, locals earn same salary. With both schooling andhouse allounce an expat takes home more, but after he pays the excess on both, he's a loser. A Sing local also get other extras which brings him up to par with expats. He sends his kids to local and no rent, he owns his million $ house. I could go on and on but ............................"

ULH,
It is true that the local and the expat get the same Basic Pay, Out-of-Base Allowance and Productivity Allowance. What are the "other extras" that the local gets that the foreigner doesn't? Must be great to be a local or dumb to be an expat!

The local "sends his kids to local". Why don't you do the same?

The local who doesn't pay rent are the few who stay with parents or some relative. How do you think they get to own their "million $ house"? I know of very few who inherit million $ houses.

Perhaps you should "go on and on" and tell us about that SGD10,000 that the expat gets for every year of service on completion of his contract.

I think you have an Ultra Extremely bad attitude; and it is people like you who make the expats hated by the locals. What you have conveyed makes the expats look stupid for not being on local terms, for they miss out on the extras, cheap schooling, free rent; and they get to own a "million $ house".

Now who has a forked tongue; or is it selective amnesia?