PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GAAP Phraseology Q
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2009, 23:42
das Uber Soldat

Received 127 Likes on 36 Posts
GAAP Phraseology Q

I've had a search but couldn't locate an answer for what may unfortunately be a rather stupid question.

At a GAAP, the example I use being Bankstown, do we need to say "requesting airways clearance" when seeking a clearance into adjacent class C when VFR (or even IFR)? EDIT: To clarify, I wish to ask for an airways clearance into SY Class C, but what exactly is the radio call you make?

I refer to ENR 1.1.36 GAAP Phraseology
http://www.airservicesaustralia.com..../1_1_1-116.pdf

Circumstances Phraseologies
* Denotes pilot transmission

1. TAXI PROCEDURES
when either ready to taxi or taxiing prior to entering the manoeuvring area in accordance with para 29.4.

a.* (ATS unit) GROUND (aircraft type) (aircraft call-sign) [(number) POB (if IFR other than RPT)] RECEIVED (ATIS identification) [aircraft location] (flight rules, if IFR) TO [or FOR] (details) RUNWAY (number) [LEFT (or RIGHT)]

Now this may not specifically refer to getting a clearance into adjacent class C airspace and I understand that, however; 29.4 states that ;

A taxi call must be made by:
a. IFR flights;
b. VFR flights departing into adjacent controlled airspace; and
c. pilots requesting special operations; eg, crosswind training or
operations specified in para 23.2.

Hence is it logical to assume that the taxi call phraseology stated above applies to VFR aircraft departing into adjacent class C and therefore the words 'requesting airways clearance' are not required in the clearance call itself?

Cheers

Last edited by das Uber Soldat; 7th Feb 2009 at 01:02.