PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus II
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2009, 20:50
snowbound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My apologies for having the temerity to post my "two cents".
I was under the impression that this thread was open for contributions from any PPRuNe member. I didn't realise that it was purely for BA Cabin Crew.
It's not! I just don't think you're in a position to know what is going on within OUR company, simple!!

I don't recall ever describing you or your colleagues as "Over-paid primadonnas".
I never said you did. What I did say is that seems to be the inaccurate perception!!

If you have such a bad deal at BA then why are crew from other operators posting on here telling you how good you've got it?

Just curious.
Envy..... basically!!

There were many factors involved in the demise of British industry, that's true. This probably isn't the time or place to get into all that, but one consistent thread that ran throughout the whole period was the attitude of the trade unions and their perpetual nay-saying to even the merest suggestion of change. Look where it ultimately got them.
Our problem is not that change is a non-starter. It's the fact that we are being used at the moment as an excuse any time financial problems arise!!!! The appaling opening performance of T5, the ongoing baggage debacle and the £350m fine anyone?....Anyone!

Air travel, by its very nature, will always be prone to disruptions. There needs to be flexibility to accomodate this
Most of the restrictions that are placed on us as crew at the moment are from the CAA and not our union.

I could go on and on but I'm getting bored now!! As I said you do not know the intracies of what is going on at BA at the moment. blah, blah blah!!!