PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2009, 19:48
sharpclassic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAJ,

Last time I checked, when I hand over £60,000 to someone for a service, I am the customer (yes, she was worth it). Airlines pay CTC money (how much, no one knows) for each cadet placed. They are also a customer.

As a 'product', what position does that put you in? Are you not then a commodity to be traded, with no say in what happens to you? Are you not just another sausage off the continuous conveyor belt of cadet pilots to be sold off to the highest bidder?

As a customer, you have rights. As a tradable commodity, you having nothing.

Out of interest, are you one of the guys that EZY let go after 6 months? If so, CTC have done exactly what the scheme states. They have trained you to a fATPL, you have had a 'line training experience'. Job done. Deal complete. Thanks very much.

EZY have used their position in the scheme to save money and, if what you say is right about the ATP cadets, CTC have also used their position in the scheme to make money. The losers are the tradable commodity.

I'm not saying what happened to the guys who were let go is a good thing, far from it. It sucks penguin balls. However, everyone who signs up to the scheme knows the score. It's just unfortunate that this has finally happened.