PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2009, 19:39
chrism20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would they want a sweeter deal ?
This is the Ryanair model, nail the airport operator to the deck re charges etc or they leave or threaten to leave to scare the operator into dropping the charges.

There are a few routes on the Ryanair network and possibly bases that only exists because of sweetners. They are also very good at dropping routes as soon as the sweetner stops or is cut back.

I agree it would be funny if Easyjet were to get in there however I doubt it would happen. Easy will concentrate on building up their network at LGW where they are to face additional competition this summer in the form of Aer Lingus who are advertising like hell. There will also be opportunities in Italy for Easy with the recent happenings at Alitalia.

Have travelled to BOH several times over the last 6 weeks fro EDI and one has to question how long this will remain at double daily, whilst the morning BOH/EDI and the evening EDI/BOH are realatively busy the morning EDI/BOH and evening BOH/EDI are desperately quiet - there was 9 on one sector one evening. The problems here are due to the awful timings. The PIK/BOH was increased to double daily for the second time recently and has been cut back to daily again, I can only assume the yield is better on the EDI or it would probably have been cut at the same time.