PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus II
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2009, 19:25
Da Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charliepie

There isn't any flexibility with the current agreements unless it is enshrined within the agreement itself e.g the Disruption Agreement, or an alleviation is agreed between Unite and BA.
So seeing as BA had very little control over the situation why did BASSA decide to dig its heals in and offer no alleviation? Costing the company £££££ at a time that they don't have any ££££ and inconveniencing 1000s of passengers to boot?

Everybody needs a point of reference throughout the operation.
Agreements are there for good reason. There is no doubt that some of it needs attention and that's currently up for negotiation.

At this rate you might be lucky if there is any negotiation

WW can , in the meantime, bus his diverted crews to LHR which will go a long way to improving morale.
Well I heard it was because there was no room on the shuttles, due to the fact that all the CPT passengers in PIK were offered them first.

Does anybody remember the power outage on the eastern seaboard 2003?
Imagine, Manhattan gridlock , no hotel rooms anywhere, passengers stranded sleeping in the terminals. One BA crew slept on the aircraft and were asked in the morning, by the captain via the CSD, if they would operate home. How flexible do you want to be?
I remember it well, but my memory of it is different to yours