PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA CPL Conversion Exams
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2009, 18:17
walia_airbourne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TiredCRJDriver

"You do not need to go to “coaching centers”. Ask around for help. Folks will be willing to lend you their notes/study material for FREE!"

The information provided by you is helpful but I would like to give some light to the fact that you shared with us which has been quoted above.
Sharing my own experience I have noticed, for a conversion exam which I attended you cannot entirely depend on the notes because there comes a point when you need a teacher who can give you some explanations .I do know that there are plenty of notes being circulated in the market but for passing these DGCA exams you have to have some backing, where the teacher's role comes into play. Besides the notes are not given by the DGCA, so it is not official like fhe FAA question bank many students waste a year trying to pass the exams in 2 -3 sessions. Have you checked out the fail rate of the DGCA CPL exam? A lot pilots have walked that road and ended up going to coaching classe after a few attempts. Choosing a good instructor is important, word of mouth from people you know count.

Well here my point lies in a simple fact: Provided with as many fat books as you may you might not understand a bit if not given some help from outside(in this case tutors, teachers) for these DGCA exams.