PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2009, 17:29
PAJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A stakeholder is someone with a vested interest in something, and that does not necessarily mean a business. I actually recall very clearly indeed (as I think many other Wings cadets will) CTC telling us that as cadets we are NOT customers, but that it was the partner airlines that are the customers. They said that is how CTC's business model was designed (although with the advent of iCP, that does shift somewhat) and that we were the 'product'.

I am fully aware that EZ will almost certainly not give me a full time position, something that is rather hard to come to terms with, but every other cadet I have trained with has the same reality to deal with so I am not unique. After 6 months line training, all contracts CTC have with cadets are effectively fulfilled. What cadets really want right now is some relevant communication and information as to where they stand (which we are not getting despite numerous attempts). Hearing that such a large number of ATPers were put on a course ahead of cadets was a complete shock. With large loan repayments due imminently on loans, something CTC are aware of, knowing that there are actually 12 going ahead in the queue is perhaps information we might want to plan for! NS, you are right, the industry owes us nothing, but as I am sure you can imagine, it is incredibly hard to detract emotionally when so much is on the line.