PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trident Sim Session. Any takers.?
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2002, 18:27
Final 3 Greens

Big Red L

Just to answer SAAB Dastard's question about whether hours count towards an IMC, could I point out to the forum that this sim is unapproved and therefore hours cannot be logged.

However, it is the same sim that BA used to train their pilots and it is a fantastic training environmnt; I have 14 hours on it and would commend it to anyone with a PPL , so long as you have a good instructor.

FYI, I have PPL/NR, 220 hours and the sim has made me much more accurate and thoughtful in my flying. When I did my last training flight for JAR sign off, I was achieving +/- 50 feet on a very convective day, whereas presim it would have been three or four times that.

So in terms of vfm, its a snip and well worth the effort; also, don't be intimidated by the fact that its a jet sim ... your not there for an airline check with all the systems nasties - just to fly a plane and when you have a grasp of the attitudes, power settings and configurations you reliase that it is still an aeroplane, even though a cousin once removed from a spamcan.

I'd certainly be up for a session and would be very happy to play the role of FO, since I have a reasonable understanding of the procedures and could do the things that take the pressure of the person in the LHS - plse let me know if this would assist.

F3G