PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2009, 16:47
cliffnemo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B Eagle (Think about a book ?)
Many thanks for you misplaced confidence in my journalistic ability, it is appreciated, but I think I will just plod on in my own inimitable style . Every thing off the top of my head. Can’t be a mechanical geniAss, and a journalist.

Regle I think we did have the same F/S (Choular) at our respective I.T.W s, I wonder if he pronounced his name Kellar, by the time he was posted to Torquay. On our first parade we thought he was , to be polite, unsociable. However shortly after one of the cadets received a telegram saying a near relative was seriously ill. The general consensus was the F/S would not help, but to mention it when we “fell in three thick” .
To our surprise, when told he immediately detailed one of the cadets to take charge , and go through the drill book. He then disappeared with the cadet. The next we heard was that the cadet had been given compassionate leave, a travel warrant, and transport to the railway station. Another time , on what was supposed to be a twenty mile route march over Dartmoor, under the supervision of F/S C/K it became more like a ramble. We did complete the twenty miles at a leisurely pace, and finished up in a pub in Widdicombe On our final celebratory night in Torquay he joined in the fun.

Just thinking, with me at the blunt end, and Regle at the sharp end, your should get an accurate picture of how it was.