PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2009, 16:06
PAJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every cadet is a stakeholder in CTC - a stakehoder is defined as someone who has an investment (whether that be financially, asset-based, time etc) in an organisation. Cadets take a very sizable loan to 'bond' themselves into an agreement with APL (Airline Partners Ltd, a CTC subsiduary company that basically 'sponsors' - used rather loosely! - cadets through basic, intermediate and advanced training), a loan which is taken out in each individual cadet's name. This money is then put into CTC. Cadets also have the lost earnings potential that comes with trianing for 18-24 months plus all the time and effort that comes with training. That makes a cadet a stakeholder in the company. Cadets are made aware of the investments/sacrifices/risks they will be making, and this naturally comes with flight training now days, so is not unexpected. Either way, cadets are invested into the company, and should really be treated as such a little more!

12 ATPers will be starting TR in March (I believe they were selected back in around march/april 2008, so have been holding for a while) ahead of cadets who have been holding for months themselves. With so little money (comparititvely speaking) and time invested in CTC versus cadets, it has not gone down well at all that these ATP guys are to be placed before cadets! Quite frankly, they have not earned that priority! I am by no means having a go at those ATP guys as they have been incredibly patient to stick around for nearly a year waiting, but in the current climate, cadets surely should be getting the placements with ATPers filling the spare capacity on courses if/when it occurs. A biased view as I am a Wings cadet myself, but I believe it is fairly valid.