PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MOR'ed..... OUCH!
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2002, 17:58
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I seem to recall a notice (BA? CAA?) stating that if a Go Around would cause one to make an emergency call, then "advise" ATC.

What Antigua did seems entirely iaw the rules:
1. At no stage did he consider he may go below Reserve Fuel on landing, provided landing was "assured" - so no Pan / Mayday / Emergency call needed
2. Had he gone around, or been sent around, he now would be landing below Reserve.. so would declare a Mayday
3. The idea of the above instruction, which I believe was introduced at the request of ATC, was that if you are going to shout "Mayday" in response to the ATC Go Around instruction, it might make things easier all round to advise the controller(s) in advance that a Go Around will cause an emergency declaration, and a mile or 2 extra separation might be a good idea.

I will be very interested to hear what BA Mgmt come up with when they call Antigua in. It is their policy he was following to the letter. Whilst ATC "MOR'd" Antigua, they really "MOR'd" the BA Fuel policy...

NoD

PS And I wonder what the change to BA Fuel Policy is coming out that is so important that they are sending it by post?