PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which service would you go for?
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2009, 13:34
Romeo Oscar Golf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Code:

Future_Mil, I think you should bin your username, start again from scratch and just consider your outing into this mil forum as a few lessons learned.
Good advice, particularly as I agree with NGB's other comments. Although of a different generation, I applied to be a "fighter pilot and earn £1500pa" because the advert made the job read better than working for an insurance company in the City. I had no idea that I would have to be an officer and even if I had had that knowledge, it would have meant very little to me. I had not been a member of the CCF, ATC or any other military type organisation and I had never been airborne. In fact perfect material for the RAF. They were able to "make me into an aircrew officer" and I reckon they did a reasonable job.
The real trick is to learn as you go along and, surprise surprise, the training staff were, and still are, very good at picking out the right people and turning them into officers.
Finally, it would be foolish to enter into any form of training without doing a lot of groundwork and study first.
Best of luck