PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus II
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2009, 11:26
Flintstone

Tiger. The term I used was 'aghast'. Online dictionaries will help you with the definition but none of them will say "Annoyed or not in best frame of mind". I'm far from annoyed about this, it has no bearing or effect on my situation. Bemused from afar would be more accurate. Maybe I've been spoiled by working with professionals who always go the extra mile as a matter of course rather than the blinkered, (career) suicidal jobsworths described in some instances here.

The point, which I know you got so let's not digress, is that the unions of that era were led by people with the same self serving attitude displayed by the dinosaurs leading this dispute. Neither I nor any of the outsiders commenting need to be inside BA to see what's happening. It's obvious.

The posters here castigating the CC who are prepared to forego two nights on a diversion in the interests of customer service fall into the same camp as those looking (myopically) to milk the system when there's no reasonable justification. To tell someone it's not their place to offer to work after 'only' one night smacks of Kite-ism and bullying. In my branch of the industry such initiative is rewarded and appreciated. The jobsworths seem to disappear.