PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which service would you go for?
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2009, 09:09
future_mil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK rereading what I wrote earlier I think I start to see where I'm going wrong here
"Bite the bullet" probably wasn't the best phrase to use - I didn't mean that as in 'OK I'll have to do this' but as 'I've wanted to do this for years and I think now's the time to make the decision and go for it'. Quitting civvy life to go for the military isn't a small step!

Regarding going round in circles the problem I've had is talking to a Navy guy he comes out with statements such as Army guys aren't treated the same, they get shouted at all the time (which, frankly sounds like a misconception from someone who's not been in the Army), an Army NCO has told me to join as an officer, yet an officer has told me to join as a soldier since officers tend to move onto different roles while Army NCO pilots tend to stay in aviation longer. See where I'm coming from? That's why I just wanted to throw this out there for thoughts or opinions, get it from the horses mouth so to speak what the people actually doing these roles think.

Now I'm just praying to God I make a better impression on the recruiting staff or this is all going to be irrelevant anyway