PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which service would you go for?
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2009, 08:24
future_mil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
future_mil: I've no massive desire to be an officer to be honest.
Army Recruiter: Oh I see, well we are really looking for Officer Entry Pilo.....

I'm surprised that as someone with the intelligence and maturity required to pass the aeronautical exams that you have, that you make such a crass statement about not caring if you become an officer or not.
so what you're saying by taking the mick out of me is that Army NCOs who'd prefer to stay an NCO and not become an officer shouldn't be flying? I can see the benefits of both routes, why assume that because I'm considering joining as a soldier (and, incidentally, doing a non-flying job for a long period - which I'd also hope to enjoy and do well in as a job in its own right not just as a route into military aviation), I'm not committed, wouldn't 'take a bullet' et al. Soldiers do a bloody good job too, they get responsibility, leadership training and many I've met are are fantastic people too. You don't have to go to Sandhurst or BRNC to serve the Queen well - but as (I'd assume) officers yourselves I'm sure you already know that?