PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seabourne Airlines
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2009, 03:09
ManagedNav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, that was interesting....

I was born and raised in STT and still have family there. I flew for Sunair Express for a short while; based in STX.

As most would expect, I developed a level of local street smarts, a constant awareness, that kept me out of trouble most of the time. That natural instinct was no match for St. Croix.

The reality of the matter is that St. Croix, since Hurricane Hugo, has slid into the abyss of anarchy. The police are totally ineffective and crime, usually violent crime, is rampant. Almost all violent crimes are directed against tourists or white locals. Every major airline used to have direct flights to STX from the states...no longer.

For those that are considering moving there, only consider doing so if you are single or if married, no children. If you go out in public, at least once a day you will be reminded of the local's disdain for white people.

If you like adventure and good flying, go for it. Just don't arrive totally naive to your new surroundings.

P.S. Anybody got any photos of Sunair's Twotter's? I can't find even one on the internet!