PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers 'upgrading' themselves - what do you do?
Old 6th Feb 2009, 01:50
robtheblade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Little o/t

I was returning from a weekend in New York with my wife. The queue at check in went on for ever and the time for our flight to Manchester was fast approaching. A BA staff came down the line asking for Manchester pax. Phew, bout time. Anyway, he said the flight was overbooked and would we go to LHR and take the shuttle to Man. Of course we would be upgraded, could use the Terrace Lounges and a car would get us home.

We had dinner in the lounge, got super seats and after a couple of glasses of champagne lay back the seats and had a good nights sleep. So good my wife had to be woken as we were approaching Heathrow. After breakfast we got the shuttle to Man, a Merc car took us to our door. All in all, a perfect flight with perfect service.

As soon as we got through the door my wife gave me an almighty ear full and that there was no way she would do that again as we got home two hours later than originally planned.

So much nicer being single again :-)