PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2009, 22:22
saracenman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok - let me try and deal with each question/comment in turn.

Why have you not got involved in the education aspects of the project?
I have seen requests from Mrs Tong on their web site for volunteers/Vulcan ambassadors, have you thought of doing something like this?
when i first spoke to Miriam Tong back in March/April last year, she told me of the Vulcan Ambassador scheme, suggesting that it 'might be right up my street'. i did express interest at the time but, at her suggestion given the insecurity of the whole project at the time, i deferred any further thought on this until much later.

i did look again at it and, contrary to what Ms Tong had described some moths before, the position was Brunty-based, and i live many hundreds of miles away! i did have some email contact with her after that, whereupon i suggested a meeting with her (and one of the most respected people within 558's realm had offered to accompany me to the meeting) - sadly this was rebuffed by Ms Tong in a somewhat curt and undiplomatic way! funnily enough, the main purpose of my proposed meeting was to offer TVOC a unique 'product', tailored to TVOC's requirements, aimed specifically at children. sadly i was unable to even talk with her about it at all - now however, Michael Trotter has discussed this with me and, as soon as the present crisis is averted, he wants to develop this further. i am being intentionally vague as to the nature of this, for obvious reasons!

Are you saying that the Trust actually stole the accommodation that was paid for by the club? Isn't that Theft or Fraud or miss-appropriation of club funds?

This is a very serious accusation perhaps someone from the club committee or the Press Officer can confirm or deny this??
NO I AM NOT SAYING THIS AT ALL!

please do not put words into my mouth! and as far as I'm concerned (as a Club member, supporter and donor) i do not think warrants further discussion! just put it down to all manner of factors at the time - the uncertain weather, pre-booking of accommodation without even knowing if 558 would be there, etc - things that none of us can possibly be aware of! i only made mention of it as an example of how, despite the co-existence of the two, the Club always seemed to come at the bottom of the list!

Didn't I read somewhere that there is something like 25,000 VTS Friends?, is it not possible Dr Bob is referring to these as his supporters as well as the club?

well i hope you are right, obviously! what i do know is that when i was involved in the mass email campaign this time last year, our administrator only had around 8,000 names on the database to contact. i know our numbers have grown since then, but i would be astonished if they grew by 17,000+

as ever, i stand to be corrected!

You still seem to duck this one, you have oft repeated there was rot or dead wood in the management team so why won't you say who you are referring to?

yes i do don't i?

i don't know about you, but i think it wholly inappropriate to discuss people by name when i have not had much (if any) personal contact with them! i will gladly use Rusty's name, and that of Michael Trotter as i have had direct contact with them; in the same way, i would have no problem with them using my name appropriately!

i will not be drawn on names of others for the very simple reason that, however trustworthy my sources of information maybe, it's still third-hand information and therefore nothing more than 'hearsay'.

i have spoken with many of the 'key people', some over a considerable time-scale, and yes there are some names that crop up! as yet, there has never been any conflicting views either!

i hope that clears a few things up

sm

Last edited by Evileyes; 11th Feb 2009 at 11:20. Reason: Fixed quotes