PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas/AABO
Thread: Atlas/AABO
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2009, 22:20
WhaleFR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And still no documentation ...

But what does "made whole" mean. This sounds like the weasel words in the Atlas CBA? What exactly do the Polar FEs want?

Do you want to be paid to sit on your butt for life?
Do you want Atlas to spend 20-50K to get you all your licenses then allow you a couple of years sabbatical while you gain the flight time needed to move forward?
What is it that you want?

And I was on the other side of the fence but I saw the handwriting on the wall and spent the time and money to get my ratings. Took a few years off from FEing and worked for a Pt 135 company then another scum bag freighter outfit, then a regional and finally back to the cream of the crap freight flying. So I and many others did it and didn't spend 10 years sitting on our collective butts. I guess that is why I have no patience for this - at least it is not delaying our negotiations any more.

I think folks need to take a least a modicum of responsibility for their lives. It isn't like you didn't have any notice that the classics were going away. Everyone hoped that it wasn't going to happen on their watch - and I feel bad for those who tried to stick it out until they retired in this proud profession. But in fact, they guessed wrong and now they don't want to be held accountable for their poor guess. And they want others to pay for their choice; whether it be Atlas, Polar, Junior Polar pilots, Atlas Pilots - or the poor Captain that has to stay in the seat the whole time because he doesn't trust the minimal training that we all know Atlas would give to the PFE-Cruise Captains.