PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worth Doing an Instructor Rating during Credit Crunch???
Old 5th Feb 2009, 22:14
Mile High Nutcase

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once again thanks for all your input people, its much appreciated.

Jimbojet - appreciate your comments, I've tried Ryanair but was unsuccessful... May try again soon when they actively start recruiting again. I'm the kind of guy that gambles on certain winners only and it seems my gambling talents will not be enough in this situation.

My school is fully booked for FI Ratings until April so firstly, i have two months to decide whether to go ahead with it, Secondly this poses a problem of the FI market now being saturated as well. My school is very busy all year round and the fact they have so many people going for the FI rating is anther problem within itself.

Firend of mine has just finished FI rating and got a job so the jobs are there.

I'm seriously considering the opinions of people who suggested saving money for SSTR's if and when they are offered.

At this time, my only fear is not doing anything for 5 years or so waiting for the market to improve. Im 25 (i know its not too old.. but 5 years later I'll be a 30 year old with either 260 hrs total time or an Instructor with (hopefully) at least a few thousand hours. What would be appealing to an employer. I know Ryanair prefer low hour guys cos they turned down an excellent instructor with a few thousand hours because '' he didn't fit their profile'' even though his assessment was probably one of the best on the day.

more ideas and opinions welcome.

Regards
MHN