PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which service would you go for?
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2009, 21:32
future_mil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is it that every question from a potential newbie on PPRuNe is met with such cynicism?

Sounds to me like you shouldn't bother with the mil. From what you have written, you don't have the right attitude or mindset.

It's not a flying club, or somewhere to gain as many hours as possible.

To go down the military route, you need to want to be in the military, and to fly. Not want to fly, and do a bit of marching because thats what it takes to log hours.
What would you prefer that I had said then? I didn't ask questions about the drill, military life, pay, benefits or anything else like that because I've already done a hell of a lot of reading on this. I can also appreciate that there's more to life than flying. I requested any thoughts on the pros and cons of each service only because of a certain amount of indecision mostly brought about from talking to too many people.

Are you actually prepared to do this?

From the tone of your post it might not be an enemy bullet.
Well biting enemy bullets is something I'd prefer not to do but that's a risk that obviously comes as part of the job. I see it as being no different professionally than some of the riskier stuff civvy pilots do.

"The primary function of Her Majesty's armed forces is to be prepared, when so ordered, to close with and deliver death to Her enemies. Think you can do that, son?"
Yep.

So... seriously I apologise if somehow I've got anyone's back up, that wasn't my intention, but if someone does have thoughts regarding the various services then please feel free...