PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2009, 21:08
saracenman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you might be surprised to know Exrigger that i completely agree!

what i am at pains to point out, is that my change of opinion is merely to demonstrate just how different things are from this time last year. I'm not trying to fool everyone into thinking that all is well at Brunty,and that all problems have been fixed - far from it.

what cannot be ignored however, is that in February last year, we faced exactly the same situation - the statement from Keith Mans (Chairman of VTST) on February 18th warned, in no uncertain terms, that it looked like 'curtains' at the end of that March.

whilst i was one of the many determined not to fail, i was extremely sceptical that we could succeed, as 558 hadn't even had a second TF at that point, and i was also aware just how inept the management were at the time.

my 'new found optimism' seems to have been misunderstood - i am not automatically optimistic this time around, because of the financial situation. what i am trying get across is that i feel that 558 stands more chance this time around than last - not only because of what i have already said about the management changes, but also because 558 doesn't have the TF and PtoF hoops to jump through this time round!

as ever (and what i haven't changed my tune about) it is publicity and awareness that will be the only realistic saviour of 558, now and in the future - i was proved right 12 months ago, and this time around i have more confidence that publicity and offers of assistance will not be squandered in the way that they were before.

in short, I'm not saying IT'S GREAT - i am saying that IT'S BETTER

sm