PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas/AABO
Thread: Atlas/AABO
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2009, 19:37
WhaleFR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What part do you dispute?
The part where you provide zero documentation.

A "few words on a piece of paper" result in you getting a paycheck on a regular basis. Can we void those few words or are only the words that service your needs applicable.
Nope, but neither do I trust my entire livelihood to them. Instead many of us spent the time and effort to go out and get our ratings, on our time and dime, gained the experience needed, and bid for the seat. How well is that ironclad scope clause serving the Polar FEs now? Is the hassle worth it? Wouldn't it have been better to do it the way many before you have done?

Look, as L38 said - the Polar PFEs have known for 10 years that this day was coming. Assuming that they have enough time as an FE to use the FAR allowed max of 500 hours towards their ATP, that is only 100 hours a year they would have needed to fly to gain the time needed. Take away their training time for Private, commercial, and Instrument and they really only needed to find time to fly about 60 hours a year or a bit over one hour a week to get that experience. I am sorry that they are in this situation but it didn't take a college edumacation to read the handwriting on this wall.

Why is it the company's fault? Or the Atlas Pilot's fault? Or even the junior Polar Pilots fault?

Just a little accountability would be great here - and yet some seem to think they are qualified to fly as a cruise captain?

I know I am generalizing, and I know there are a few special situations, but as Spock says "The good of the many outweighs the good of the one (or few)."