PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So Where Can I Work?
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2002, 13:12
simon brown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JAA debacle

XABI 200

Ive nothing but sympathy for you. You've been well an truly shafted by the faceless, procrasinating, talentless bureaucrats that preside over the rest of us!

I'm looking at giving up my job in IT and going down the JAA/ATPL route, have done lots of research, gone to all the Flight Training Seminars, read detailed articles in all the leading aviation related magazines and didnt know the predicament you are in could arise.I have been researching for about 2 years on and off!

Havent any of the major aviation publications picked up these sort of pitfalls yet ?, and publicised them in high profile articles.

I get the impression its hard enough getting a job having spent a fortune on an intensive training course let alone falling foul of incompetence of the legislators.

The more threads I read in this site the more disillusioned I am becoming a professional pilot. It is becoming a real eye opener. I think it would be better to re mortgage the flat, buy a second hand aeroplane and fulfill my flying aspirations at weekends.

SB

Becoming a professional pilot is like trying to thread an octupuss thro a venetian blind whilst totally blindfolded