PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Photos
Thread: Bristow Photos
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2009, 12:07
SASless

Received 516 Likes on 215 Posts
Corrobrate Your Statement!

Foggy Bottom,

I was in Iran flying Alouettes on the same contract as Gunter when the accident occurred. I have first hand knowledge from multiple sources....not hearsay information....and all of the sources including persons involved in the investigation that stated the same thing.

The gear box separated from the aircraft causing the aircraft to spin.

The aircraft had been overtorqued/over pitched by a pilot earlier and an inspection had taken place. That was stated to me by the Engineer that did the inspection.

I am well known here amongst the Bristow gang.

Perhaps you might provide us corroborating information to support your statement suggesting Gunter hit the tower thus causing the accident. That statement flies in the face of what I know to be the facts of the matter and wrongly impugns his reputation.

I was there, I talked to numerous people involved, including Gunter....then and later over the many years we worked together.

As a reminder....Gunter still works for Bristow and quite easily is the most senior pilot still with the company in years of service. I would be surprised if there is anyone with the length of service he has with the company.

I look forward to your response.