PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Integrated APTL course or Modular ?
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2002, 11:13
low n' slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I agree with CAT 3C autoland on this, modular might be a better choice. I'm doing a CPL integrated right now and what CAT3C said about flying one day and then AC 3 phase electrics the next is absolutely true. My capacity when it comes to studying is not the best and I'm finding it a struggle to keep up with it all. I just wrote the first batch of exams (keep in mind that this is only CPL, ATPL is worse as I've understood it) and I've got about 25 hrs to fly until check-flight.

I would much rather have done a modular course (I felt I had no choice as I was offered this for free, god bless the state... ), because there is no time to let anything sink in. Regarding the flying, you could get away a lot cheaper as there is more time to reflect on the previous flight and make corrections on ground instead of during the next lesson. Eventhough a modular perhaps takes longer time to complete, I would bet that you'd get more out of it. Then, what the airlines want I don't dare say. My guess is that as long as you can produce an appropriate license they're happy.

However, I'm very pleased with the course I'm doing. I dare say that schools providing integrated courses are likely to maintain a high standard. If yo feel that you can stand a high pace regarding both flying and theory, go integrated and if you feel that you need a bit more time and the possibility to concentrate on separate parts, go modular. In any case, good luck!

regards /lns