PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2009, 08:43
charliepie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glamgirl, well done. 101/2 hour minimum rest and you've witnessed all that going on in the hotel.

Your absolutely right though, inappropriate behaviour needs to be addressed and it's good to see that you've helped the process on it's way.
To the person who said about making up agreements on the day. I don't believe in making new rules on an hourly basis. I agree with using common sense and discretion (not necessarily as defined in moa).
That would be me. As an employer I would not want people working for me that believe they can work outside of their contracted agreement legal or otherwise. Make up your mind. Working outside the MOA is unacceptable.

Can you imagine being the ground staff member who has to tell hundreds of pax "sorry, you can't fly home/to your meeting etc because the crew needs 2 local nights?
Yes I can actually as I have done it. I remember not blaming other parts of the airline however culpable they may be. I would hope that whatever situation you're dealing with Glamgirl, you would behave in the same professional manner.

Ten West wrote:
Serves them bloody well right if BA sack the lot of them and then invite them to re-apply for their old jobs on new T's & C's, with each application based on past performance and conduct.
That's a well reasoned arguement. Not much different from some of the more militant posts on this thread. By your rationale all managers should be sacked as well, based on several £100 million in fines and the sheer lunacy of illegally getting in to bed with the bearded one.

There is no doubt that there are radical changes coming BA crew's way.
they are long overdue. There have been many attempts at ripping up long standing agreements and starting from scratch and that's exactly what will happen. Anybody thinking otherwise is deluding themselves.