PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2009, 01:03
ivanwhitemac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bombsaway,

If you read my last post, you would have noticed the following quote in it:

I don't know what happened at the school before I arrived here, and I don't care. Both myself and my fellow students believe it's the present that matters, not the past, whether its true or false. My belief is that all that is false. But it's the present and future that matter, and I couldn't have been any more satisfied with what I've seen since I arrived here.

I don't know the entire history of CAA & I don't claim to know it either. I only know what I know, and what has been proven to me.

Here are your 12 answers, from what knowledge I know of the place:

1. I don't know for sure how many students have completed the courses, and have found work. I don't care about that. Before I came to Canada I researched A LOT of flight schools, and this one seemed to be the best option. They never said to me that they would guarantee me a job, only that they would try to find me a job when I finish, same as any other flight school. I've heard students from other flight schools complaining about the same thing. One thing I do know is that CAA is not like one of the other schools who rush their students through and have huge classes. CAA treats everyone on an individual basis, which is one of the main reasons why I chose them.
As for them finding work for students in BC and Alberta, I don't know about that & I don't care about it. I never planned on staying in Canada after finishing my training so that doesn't concern me.

2. Again doesn't concern me as I don't want to work in Canada.

3. I don't know about that, doesn't concern me.

4. Don't know, doesn't concern me.

5. I was never told that by any staff member of CAA. I can judge people for myself.

6. Never heard about it. Maybe because certain students weren't putting their full committment into the course, turning up late for flights, cancelling flights??????

7. Never heard about it, doesn't concern me.

8. Same as Q. 7.

9. No aerobatics team as of yet, didn't see that newspaper article.

10. The purpose of the interview was to talk about pilot training, not to sing the praises of the company. So far anything talked about in the interview has come true, and both myself & the other student interviewed are very satisfied.

11. Not as yet, we are managing fine at the moment when it comes to instructors. Not a matter that concerns me.

12. We are not gullible. We only believe what we see & what has been proven to us. We make up our own minds when we hear rumours. We don't fall for anything until we have seen evidence.

There's what I know. I don't care about the rumours, etc. All I'm here for is to train to be a pilot, not to listen to rumours, of which I've seen no evidence. And so far I think the school has been fantastic, the people have been fantastic, & the experience has been fantastic. So far we are on course to finish on time, & I have no regrets of coming to this flight school.