PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet 2/OAA
Thread: Jet 2/OAA
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2009, 23:26
flyingmutant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with Adios on this one. I very much doubt there will be any ab-initio recruitment in the near future. Jet2 recently advertised for experienced 73 and 75 pilots for a fixed term contract over the summer. I can't see them taking any low hours pilots for at least another year or however long it takes for the economy to recover. At the moment the only benefit I can see of them mentioning future cadet pilot sourcing is as more of a marketing ploy for Oxford to advertise a new airline "partnership".

A lot of the past "deals" with OAA have simply been an airline will say "send us 10CVs off your last course every couple of months and we might take a few who take our fancy.

To the guy who can't understand why some airlines will only take from one source it can be as simple as the new guy in charge of recruitment at XYZ airlines trained at Oxford. They know how they do it, and a lot of the people there.
Previously Ryanair wouldn't touch Oxford with a bargepole, and now they've taken well over a hundred in the last few years. There happens to be quite a few ex oxford pilots in there recruitment section now.
Similarly I was told First Choice/Air 2000 used to take quite a lot of Oxford guys, but then the man at the top changed and they did a deal with CTC instead.
This IS NOT CONFIRMED but also one of the reasons why I hear that easyjet are moving more towards Oxford as well - the newish head of pilot recruitment is ex OAA and they already do all the A320 ratings through Oxford in London.