PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rugby World Cup
Thread: Rugby World Cup
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2002, 09:08
Super G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Misty Air,

Nice post! If you are suggesting that the Aussies will some how come to regret the decision to host the RWC on it's own and that maybe the RWC will be a failure next year then I've got some land to sell you. If on the other hand you as a New Zealander are making some kind of veiled threat against Australians because we will now host the RWC alone, then forgive me for asking, but what exactly are you threatning us with?

In another fine example of NZ administrative incompetance your Prime Minister sold your Air Force combat capability, remember? As for your Navy, well it's new motto should be "Give us your tired and huddled masses", because that's exactly who will be turning up on your doorstep if the government doesn't start spending some dollars to modernise the fleet. Boat people do know where NZ is and what a great country it is to live in.

Sqwark2000,

I don't see anyone here laying the boot into the NZ public. In fact as part of the wider Rugby loving fraternity, all Aussies should have a great deal of sympathy for them. They have been absolutely screwed out of a once in a life time opportunity to possibly watch their mighty All Blacks smash all comers on home soil. (Of course they wouldn't have been able to watch them in the final as that still would have been in Oz, but you get my point.) I live and work closely with Kiwis every day and I feel sorry for all of them. As I said in my previous post, it is the officials of the NZRU who MUST shoulder the blame for this debacle. I'm sorry, but you guys got royally screwed by your Rugby administrators who thought they could put one over on the IRB and RWC and then got smashed like Jonah running over Percy Montgomery.

As for my comments about Ansett, I was merely trying to keep my post semi aviation related and was not attempting to start a debate about the airline's demise. RIP Ansett and hopefully their loyal employees are moving on to bigger and better things.

As for you Crimson Fruitbat, if you don't freeze your goolies off in the great white north then I will indeed be joining you on that Rugby odyssey. I can think of at least two escape club members who should probably join us. One in Nowra and one in Christchurch. The planning starts the day the draw is announced.

Wallabies - back to back World Cup winners!
Makes a nice headline doesn't it.

G.