PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2009, 22:30
Flying Signman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For all those not clear on the facts on funding, from the front page of the Vulcan to the Sky Website - Dated 2nd February:

"Added to this are various amounts raised through the current Raffle, sponsorship and other sources, and so I’m able to let you know that the running total of money identified in our current campaign stands at nearly £500,000"

So, it would appear the target is a further £ 500,000.

With the increased marketing and promotional activities I see being developed, it only needs a few good features or an editorial in a national paper to see the pledge scheme really take off.

OK, things can be better, but if the project fails at this point, I honestly can't see anything being salvaged that will give us a flying vulcan again.

With a full airshow season ahead, it will be the ideal time to prove what has been learnt from last season and hopefully management will be better able to meet everyones expectations.

It is your free choice to decide, but fail her now, (yes the aircraft) and there will be every chance you will never see the changes in management you consistantly ask for - put simply - there will be no project left to manage.

I for one, are adding to a pledge I have already made.
Hope a few more can join me too.

Cheers,
FS