PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2009, 22:24
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good for the crew you're talking about, well done to them.

The crews I was talking about were drunk, boasting, swearing and being a pain in the back side to hotel staff and us crew who were sober and operating (by giving us stick for where we're based to name one). Some of them said "no way are we flying back until xxhours, the company can $%*& off".

How is that representing the company? Being professional?

I'm no kill joy, far from it, but there's a limit as to how much "fun" and "winding down" you can do. You're still on duty and have a responsibility towards the company.

To the person who said about making up agreements on the day. I don't believe in making new rules on an hourly basis. I agree with using common sense and discretion (not necessarily as defined in moa). Bring the aircraft back after a local night (minimum rest achieved - at least as long as preceding duty). Then have another day off in lieu. No cabin service, how hard can it be? Doing this ONE day doesn't mean you'll be doing it forever. It would be "going the extra mile". Can you imagine being the ground staff member who has to tell hundreds of pax "sorry, you can't fly home/to your meeting etc because the crew needs 2 local nights?

Remember, we're in the middle of a recession. We need as many customers as possible. End of story.

Gg