PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2009, 20:16
bombsaway80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really really really like Winto!

Ok Smartypants, here’s a list of questions that you ought to know the answers to, since you apparently know the entire history of PRI/CAA down to the last detail, and of course you are right about everything.
Twelve questions, twelve answers please!
1.How many students have completed the fixed wing and Helicopter Courses, and where are they now? How many are now employed ‘around the world’ to quote the former CAA website? I’ll give you a clue-2 fixed wing and 4 helicopter pilots. None have found work through or with the help of CAA, and are not likely to either. Also, why were they claiming to have work for students in BC and Alberta when they clearly didn't?

2.Why were CAA claiming up until a month ago that they could get a 3 year open work visa for their students, when in fact they don’t qualify for any work visa programme, and never have? It’s also worth pointing out that they have never even secured a work visa for a qualified student, let alone a job.

3.Why were students promised return flights in 2007 that were never honoured?

4.Why were the police called last year when a certain director showed up at one of the flight schools and proceeded to make threats?

5.Would you like to comment on the allegation that new students were being told to avoid the current students as they were, quote, “a bunch of a**holes”? Really great way to talk about your customers, does wonders for morale too.

6.What about the phone calls that were made to students and their families by the directors, any comment there for us?

7.What about the ludicrous claims by Mr Eddie Russell CEO that a criminal case was being compiled by the Canadian and Irish authorities to deal with us pesky ppruners, and that our ISP’s addresses had been traced?

8.Not only that, CAA then had the nerve to ask pprune to delete the thread in exchange for a years advertising. Pprune, to their eternal credit, told them to get stuffed.

9.Is there an aerobatics team at the school, as claimed in one of the newspaper articles? (stop sniggering at the back!)

10.More of a personal comment, but why were you singing the praises of a company in a radio interview when you hadn’t even been over to Canada? Seems odd to me...Your pal Winto was doing the same thing after a week in North Bay until someone told him to shut his face as he hadn’t a clue what he was on about.

11.O Riordan as an instructor, when did this happen? Is he instructing presently?

12. And finally..........Why are all you lads so bloody gullible?

To be honest I feel pity for you more than anything, you’re obviously trying to show your dedication to the company, and ordinarily this would be no bad thing. However, you’re just doing what others have done before you, and in the end you find out that all the hard work was for nothing and you’ll end up getting shafted by CAA who won’t deliver on what they promised, with management not even bothering to return your phone calls. But that’s the path you’ve chosen, and you’ll learn the hard way.
As for you Winto, great if you know who I am, I couldn’t care less. As for my bad name, it could be a lot worse. Like the guy who swans around North Bay with ‘MAVERICK” printed on his T Shirt, ring any bells? That’s just too sad for words...
But enough of the handbags stuff.