PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2009, 19:51
saracenman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TM - as I've tried to point out on several occasions, I'm probably the last person that many would expect to say anything good about TVOC (the generic name for VTST) - i have been one of their most ardent critics.

the fact that i appear to have 'changed my tune' is not a simple case of black and white - there is a swathe of grey in the middle!

i too still have questions about who does what, and how much they are paid for doing/not doing it. it is healthy that such discussions as you describe continue - as long as they are fair, well informed and constructive. i will stand by what i have already said - the new Management structure at Brunty might not be the dream-team that 558 could've done with, but what there is now is 100% better than at this time last year.

the general attitude used to stink to high-heaven, and they could appear amazing blinkered to all around them - but this HAS changed; late in the day maybe, not a clean-sweep either, but what IS currently in place has cheered me greatly in recent months.

as far as 558's ownership is concerned - well you didn't ask who it is that controls it, but who owns it!

the Trust are in control of 558 - a board of Trustees, comprised of some very eminent people committed to 558 from 'day one' quite how policy is decided i don't know, but these aren't 'Tom, Dick 'n' Harry from down the pub'

sm