PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the 747-8X finally killed ?
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2009, 19:21
BelArgUSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WHBM -
xxx
Again agree with you - note that I say 20 years from now...
Now that I am retired pilot and graduated as "SLF", I can tell you my dislikes and preferences. Fortunate enough to occupy premium cabin, quite often but occasionally I sit in "steerage" too. And what is it with these fellow passengers rushing out of the cabin on arrival...? To be first for baggage retrieval, and wait there 45 minutes...?
xxx
I hate as an example to sit in a twin aisle wide body economy class that is full of passengers. In a 747, in cabin C, D or E... even though the 747 was my plane. The only decent passenger area of the 747 is the upper deck. I do not mind in a 757 that is full on a long flight, if I can sit in a seat next to the aisle. I also hate the concept of hub to hub flying of super high-capacity airplanes. That A380 from LHR to SYD in economy class must be masochism. I wonder if I am subject to agoraphobia.
xxx
As an example, some passengers are forced to fly their journey in 3 sectors. One from home to the hub, change airplane, fly second leg in large capacity airplane, and final leg from hub to destination. Every change of plane is potential for "loss of bagage" or "missed connection because of weather".
xxx
One airplane I miss a lot for short haul, even all economy class is the DC9 and MD80 type planes, with 3+2 seating, rather than the 3+3 seating on the 737 and 320s
xxx
And as an ex-pilot, I do not mind if the plane is 25 years old, or got delivered last year to the airline. My favorite plane might be the old "junk"... I never use the "in-flight entertainement" and for me, give me 2 glasses of wine, and I will sleep llike a baby the entire flight to landing. Do not need a meal.
xxx
I did Buenos Aires to Paris to Brussels and back recently. The only nice sector of my flight (flight?) was... in the TGV train "Thalys", 1:20 minutes from Paris to Brussels. A real delight in the bar enjoying a beer or two...!
xxx
What do you expect with a grumpy old fart...! - Best regards...

Happy cont-rail