PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2009, 15:50
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is getting ridiculous now. Just get the aircraft home with pax. Operate that short flight back asap. Obviously have say 18 hours rest (depending how long previous duty was). But partying it up in a hotel somewhere because the union tells you to, is outrageous! It makes me ashamed, to be honest!

Yes, I'm fully aware that not everyone is partying, a lot want to go home. Then go home. As long as doors are covered, you can go with minimum crew. It's not like you're going to do a cabin service, is it?

I was in a hotel in Europe the other night, and there were 3 extra crew there (2 x ww, 1x ef). They were drinking all day, relishing in about how much extra money they'll earn because of the disruption.

My crew and myself got a glamorous 10,5 hours rest due to the disruption, but we still took the aircraft and pax back. We had minimum crew, but filled the aircraft to the max, as it's about getting pax where they need to be asap. More than half the aircraft was LHR pax, in some ways annoyed, in other ways grateful.

As you can probably gather, I am very angry and disappointed about some crew's behaviour, but even more so with Bassa. Bassa deserves everything that's coming to them.

For those who think that an agreement is an agreement and we can't make it up on the day, have you ever heard of "due to operational requirements"?

I reckon crew were quite happy to stay stuck down route to grab all the money they could. Selfish and unforgettable. Our pax will not forget this for a LONG time. Thanks to those people for ruining our reputation that we've been desperately trying to build back up.

Rant over.

Gg (wearing helmet and full body armour)