PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 - Question about firm landing
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2009, 14:31
dwshimoda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Montag

This is probably entirely true, but also entirely the wrong answer to give to a possibly nervous passenger who was concerned about their safety. Unless you subscribe to the 'shut up, sit down and be grateful' school of customer service.
Then he / she should phrase the posting appropriately. I don't subscrive to the "shut up, sit down and be grateful" school of customer service at all. I do however try and give my pax the smoothest possible ride - but sometimes the landing is way firmer than I would like - sometimes it's me just not catching it right, sometimes it's one of any other number of factors.

I would never, never, go and post on on a different forum a similar statement. Imagine on the Professional Doctors Rumour Network (if it exists!) me posting "Tonsillectomy - very badly stitched afterwards" I wouldn't be so presumptious nor crass - I would ask if what I experienced was normal, and if so why that might be. They are the professionals, not me, so I would alue their input / judgement to help me learn.

And Rainboe is spot on - I defy anyone to judge speed from the passenger cabin - I can't even do it from the FD which is why it is part of my scan almost every second during approach / landing.

DW.