PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 4th Feb 2009, 14:02
Vote NO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not going to bite on this one as it's been done to death before on the pensions thread and this thread. *yawn*.

I am detecting severe sense of humour failures in this thread and don't want to be dragged in

Starbucks also do cappucinos, espressos, and even tea!

RS
My question was genuine. Honestly !

I have little or no interest in anything at work besides ATC, my colleagues and friends. I come in, do my job as well as I can, go home, and enjoy my family life. It may come as a shock to some at CTC, but the truth is, us ATC types are not really intersested in what goes on at CTC, I am just trying to find out !

ok quick google..............

NATS to expand Hampshire technical centre - NATS

National Air Traffic Services (NATS) is to almost double the size of its new Corporate & Technical Centre (CTC) at Whiteley, near Fareham in Hampshire.
At the official opening today of the first stage of the CTC, NATS will confirm an agreement with developers Arlington Securities, on behalf of the Arlington Business Park Partnership, to add two more buildings on the site at Solent Business Park.
These will house development engineering staff and systems moving from West Drayton and Gatwick, bringing NATS’ total CTC population to around 1,400. Together with more than 1,000 staff employed four miles away at the London Area Control Centre in Swanwick, the extended CTC will make NATS the biggest employer in the Fareham area and one of the ten largest employers in Hampshire.
Paul Barron, Chief Executive, said: “NATS is making pioneering moves to put it at the forefront of European air traffic management. We are now well into implementing a £1bn investment programme which includes new systems, new centres and a new way of working for our people. The CTC is key to delivering that.
“We’re delighted to have the first stage of the CTC up and running, with almost 750 people already relocated from sites across the UK. The CTC will be the nerve centre of our engineering prowess and we look forward to the second stage which will finally bring our development engineers together, under one roof, for the first time.”
The CTC is a critical pillar of NATS’ strategy to consolidate its operations and streamline its business. It provides bespoke accommodation for NATS’ engineering departments, previously split between five sites across the UK, to meet the complex and technologically demanding challenges of the business.
When complete, it will bring together most of the company’s project engineering staff and their equipment, and staff involved in strategic systems development work. It will also house simulators used for training operational Air Traffic Controllers, and provide operational support to the Swanwick Centre and the new Prestwick Centre currently under construction in Ayrshire.
The first three interlinked buildings of the CTC took just 18 months to complete and provide 130,000sq ft of space. The second stage will add two further buildings providing 127,000sq ft. Construction is expected to get under way in November for handover to NATS by early 2006 for systems installation and testing before staff move in.

Sounds impressive At least I got the staff numbers correct!

Last edited by Vote NO; 4th Feb 2009 at 14:17.