PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation knots
Thread: Aviation knots
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2009, 09:59
fatboywings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are we forgetting the tiger is tied down and the tail will never let the wings exceed 16 degrees RAF. Enough defence of what i do already, I am yet to hear your suggestion that is relative. I don't believe (due to the quality of your previous comment) that you realy are so lame as to stand there and shake your head and not offer your advice to my previous question. Please tell me what could be a better solution?

thanks
Ben

edit
I see you have made further comment about the 150 and I may have made a bistake previously with my comment about the AOA. A tiger will sit on the ground with about a critical angle for a 38knot head wind. with that in mind and knowing that we tie down the tiger wing so that they a a little slack ( enough to let the wings rise and exceed the 16 degrees and stall the both top and bottom) and the tail is fastened so that it is unable to rise, we do not encounter the problems you mention above.

You obviously have a good understanding of flying, are you endorsed on tail draggers? if not i can totally understand your previous comments and do not believe you to be lame, still want to hear your suggestion though.