PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rude but not aggressive passengers
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2009, 02:13
alwayslookingup

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Once I was checking in at Heathrow for Dubai. There was me and one other passenger at check in, him in front of me. He was a big fat t****r, he had a humungous cigar clamped in his gob (not lit of course, just for show), was speaking on his mobile all throughout the check in, and, I kid you not, threw his ticket at the check in operator. She politely processed his booking. He grunted or shook his head to each of her questions and when finished snatched his boarding pass from her. I'd watched all of this with increasing anger. I knew she couldn't say anything and could only be professional. As he turned to walk away he made the mistake of making eye contact me. "What a f*****g p***k," I said to him. For a micro second he stood transfixed, weighing up his options (they were zero, but I'd have loved him to try) before flouncing off.

Postscript, as soon as he was gone I got a huge beaming smile from the girl at checkout. Ever professional, of course, she said nothing about the incident. However, having taken my ticket she disappeared for a couple of minutes. Upon her return her smile was still there. "Mr McD***, I'm afraid we have bad news, our world traveller cabin is overbooked, so we're going to have to upgrade you to Club!!" Result. The best flight I've ever had. On board I thought of going to look for the p***k to see if he'd have anything to say, but figured I'd be better off enjoying the flight. I didn't even see him as we disembarked.

So, little darling, in the unlikely event you'll see this or even remember the incident, once again, a thousand thanks. I'd have happily punched his lights out for you!!