PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2009, 00:12
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Orangutan, good people and not too difficult to navigate through the particular idiosyncrasies that exist in every job and this certainly is no exception but I think is worth mentioning that the job is what it is today because of the work that the trail blazers have made. At the beginning there where many very tough pairings and a lot of fatigue issues and the perks that we enjoy today like business class commute for example, have been 6 years in the making.

The major complaints are:
Training: it can be quite tiring and having a training mindset for 8 months is definitely a pain
Days off: we have quite a bit of down time and the flying could be easily cramped into a 15 day roster IMO
Captain/captain pairings: We do fly with other captains about 50% of the time since we have quite a bit more captains than F/O's, I particularly don't care too much but it seems to bother some of the guys so you hear some complaints about it.

Outside of that it is a pretty good gig and we are enjoying it, so if you come with an open mind, good attitude and don't bring all of your baggage along, you will enjoy it too